How To Buy Beachfront Property In Jaco Beach ?
You may have considered purchasing beachfront property in Jaco Beach. The beachfront property in Jaco Beach is a tropical like paradise. If you are considering it we recommend you read this article to help shed some light on the issues involved in buying beachfront property in Jaco Beach. The Jaco Beache is one of the most beautiful in the world.
One of the advantages of living in Jaco Beach is the stable and peaceful government that encourages US citizens to come here and retire. Overall, Costa Ricanâs are lovely people and make you feel at home. The crime rate is very low.
Have you thought about making the giant leap and purchasing beachfront property in Jaco Beach as a second home or an investment? During the past 5 years real estate has been increasing at a remarkable 18 – 30 % per year. How do you invest in Jaco Beach beachfront properties? Read on, and share the guidelines to buying beachfront property anywhere else in Costa Rica and Jaco Beach.
There are only two ways to go about buying beachfront property in Jaco Beach? The wrong way, and the Correct way. Based on experiences of living in Jaco Beach for many time.
- Make sure the area your looking at is a place you would like to vacation at. It’s a good idea to search the online forums and interest groups. If you plan on making a large purchase then spend a few days in the area to see if it is the right place for you. You will get a more in depth idea if you spend more time there. You don’t want to in your “tropical dream paradise” regretting that you’ve done it.
- Find a competent lawyer to represent your interests. Do not get a referral from the seller or real estate agent. Always find your own lawyer to manage your purchase. It is common sense, but important nonetheless. Try to find one that speaks your language fluently and has considerable knowledge of maritime zone law.
- Costa Rican maritime law is different in every Central American country and you need to know all of the details before purchasing beachfront property in Jaco.
- Look around and make contact with the owners of the beachfront property. Professional real-estate agents in Jaco Beach or looking for the owners directly. The risks are slightly higher when dealing with the owner, but the cost savings will be significant. Your lawyer will make sure you are buying is legitimate.
- Act fast. Land prices are on the rise, and not showing signs of slowing down any time soon. Once your sure, act. The current owner may have second thoughts and want to renegotiate or may not want to sell. Be patient, but act quickly.
- Get a topographer to do a recent survey the land. The owner will have a “plano catastrado”, but you will need to make your own survey to verify the location and size of your beachfront property. You want to make sure your getting what you paid for.
- Compare prices and value with other sellers and other beachfront properties in the same region of Jaco Beach.
Good luck in your search for your beachfront property in the wonderful Jaco Beach.